Sunday, May 5, 2013

An Introduction

My name is Stephanie and my husband's name is Miguel. I am 34 and he is 26. I have 2 wonderful children, J, 11 and L, 9 from a previous marriage who love Miguel as their father. Miguel is a great dad and I can't wait to have a child with him.

I had a tubal ligation on July 11, 2003. I tied my tubes because of a rocky marriage that I doubted would last. 2 years later, we separated. In March 2007, I met Miguel in a night club. I knew he was young and didn't plan on a relationship with him. 2 months later that all changed, we started dating and 6 months later we moved in together. The kids were in love with him from the day they met 3 months after we started dating. We got engaged on Valentine's Day 2009, cliche I know, but that is Miguel. We got married November 20, 2010. On March 13, 2011 we moved to Mexico.

We had been planning a tubal reversal since 2008, but things kept stopping us. Finally on March 5, 2012, I had my tubal reversal done.




In April 2012, we immediately started TTC. We started off using 100mg Clomid for 3 months and not one BFP. 6 months later in September, I got my first BFP (Big Fat Positive), it turned out to be a CP (chemical pregnancy). I didn't get another BFP until December, it was another CP. In January, we went to another RE (reproductive endocronoligist) becasue we had moved. He ran some tests and found that I had Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma, both diseases were curable and both cause early miscarriages. He put us both on antibiotics for a month. In February 2013, I had an HSG done to check that my tubes were open. My left one was completely blocked, but the right one was completely open. We had moved back to Monterrey and I started back with my original RE who did my surgery. She put me on 100mg Clomid CDs (cycle days) 4-8, 75iu Menopur (injectable) CDs 7 & 9, Ovidrel (ovulation trigger shot), and progesterone 200mg from 3DPO (days past ovulation). I got my BFP, my betas (pregnancy hormone) was 20 at 14DPO. They doubled like they should on 16DPO to 40. When I was 5 weeks 1 day pregnant, I had an ultrasound and we could see the sac, it was not completely developed, but it coincided with the dates. I then went in to get another beta at 5 weeks 3 days, it was only 160. It should have been at least 400 if it had doubled every 48 hours as it should. My RE told me not to stress. We did another ultrasound on Saturday 5 weeks 6 days. The sac hadn't changed at all. She did see that I had a cyst on my right ovary which looked to have tissue in it so she suspected an ovarian ectopic. She sent me for betas and told me to prepare to need surgery. My betas were down to 20, thank God! It turned out that the sac quit developing and the cyst was just a corpus lutem cyst. I started bleeding when I should have been  6 weeks 1 day pregnant. I started BCP, (birth control pills) as well to get rid of the cyst.

I am now on my last BCP so I expect my period by the end of this week. We will get started on treatment again this cycle. I believe we will follow the same protocol, but up the progesterone to 300mg a day, but that will be confirmed when I go to the RE for my base ultrasound.


No comments:

Post a Comment