Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tomorrow is IUI!!!

Saturday, June 8 I started my injections.

My protocol was:

Cycle days(CD) 3 &4 75iu Merapur (Menopur)  and 75iu Gonal F
Cycle days 5-8 75iu Merapur
Cycle day 10 monitoring





       Well, I started my injectables on CD3 and I quickly learnt that you should let the Merapur sit for at least 10 minutes before injecting it. It burns bad if you inject it right after mixing. 

        The bloating was not as bad as with the Clomid in the beginning. I had absolutely no bloating from Cd 3-10. I went for my ultrasound to check my follicles on CD10. I had 3 follicles, 1 15mm and 2 16mm. My RE prescribed 2 more Merapur shots for CD 10 & 11. I was told to use the Choragon which is like Ovidrel in the US. This is a shot based with HCG hormone to induce ovulation. Anyway, I was told to inject it on CD 12 at 6PM. I was also prescribed Primogyn 2mg which is Estrogen, I am to take it twice a day for 14 days. I will get my Progesterone prescription and orders tomorrow.

       We go in tomorrow morning for IUI. We have to be there at 8AM for Miguel to provide his part (the sperm). Then, we have to return 2 hours later for IUI. I am so excited, but so nervous. 

      A million things are going through my head. I am confident about this cycle, but I am still so scared it won't work. I am praying and begging God to please give us our take home baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment